Quite a bit of archaeological activity to check out this week. Also, a medieval kitty leaves his mark. And what was happening in space oh, say, a thousand years ago?
- Car park workmen unearth medieval well
Article by Christopher Smith at the Coventry Observer includes photos of the well and the ornate stone caps that covered it.
- Selkirk medieval village dug up by workman
Item at the Southern Reporter.
- Medieval bones found underneath Reading's Friar Street
Article at BBC News.
- Richard III tower amongst secret rooms unlocked by Warwick Castle
Article at the Telegraph includes video with Tony Robinson.
- The 15th-Century Equivalent of Your Cat Walking on Your Keyboard
Article at The Atlantic includes a photo of the manuscript with paw-prints.
- The Very Large Telescope probes remains of medieval supernova
Article at Astronomy Magazine.